booting with sata drives

Windwaker222

In Runtime
i have a sata drive haven't done anything yet...im trying to install win xp but it says there is no hard drive installed, in the bios there is an auto detect feature but only for IDE devices

oh yea and when i look at the post it shows that the cd-drive is set as the Secondary master, im not sure if this is right or not

Try to load the software the HDD came with and that should recognize it, then set it as boot drive, and restart and boot from CD.

It should work just fine. Just pop in your CDROM and boot from that. Then it will recognize it in WindowsXP setup provided you have the BIOS detecting it. If the BIOS isn't then you have to go into config, etc.

Zen, you didn't lkisten to him and me. He got OEM so he doesn't have a CD so i said download it. When i popped in m,y raptor i popped in software, the SOTWARE recognized it, then i changed it to boot drive and yea.

what motherboard you have?

I had the same problem with my asus a8v but when I dled the promise drivers instead of the via it worked (the asus manual tells you to use the via ones)

Back
Top Bottom