Booting problems

cjk718

Solid State Member
A couple days ago, my computer started acting up. It all started after I installed updates for Vista, I believe one was for the spam filter on the mail software that comes with Vista, and an optional update with not name. I installed it and and it asked me to reboot. So after it came back up, I was on it fine about to load up firefox, and the whole system froze. I manually rebooted and nothing happend. I I tried again and still nothing came up. So I decided to clean install Vista in which I managed to do. It came up fine so I was installing everything (updates drivers etc..) The computer then worked for the rest of the night. The next morning I went to go on it and it locked up on me again. I tried to manually restart it and now nothing comes up at all. The monitor doesn't pick up on the computers signal and it doesn't seem to do anything. All the fans are working inside, the disc drives work and everything, but that seems pretty much all that it does.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/budgetdesk/gr/eMachinesT3256.htm

That is the computer's specs but I have upgraded the ram to equal 1gb

and I've installed an ATI Radeon x1300 video card.

Any help would be appreciated.

go into the reapair console by using a boot disk or the vista cd and type in the following command

"fixmbr"

it will show you a couple of warnings but ignore them and continue by typing "y" or something like that. then reboot and see if it works

try reseatign the RAM too. thats probally going to be the quickest and easiest test you could do at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom