boot question..

jdf_warrior

Solid State Member
i dont know if this is even possible, sure it prob is, just missing something, but this is what i am trying to do..

i was wanting to make somewhat of a system restore using a norton ghost boot cd. For those unfamiliar with it, the disc boots and lets you specify an image found somewhere on the drive and restore the drive using that image. What i am wanting to do though, is have a partition created, copy all the files that are one the cd, to that partition, and be able to boot that partition, using, hopefully the standard windows boot menu. Yes i know i COULD just boot the cd and not have to worry about it, but booting from the cd is slow.

When i try to edit the boot configuration in windows to select that partition to boot, it comes up with an error sayin that it couldnt find system32\hal.dll

Is there a way to fix this and be able to use the regular boot menu, or should i just try a different boot loader or somethin?

If I were you, I'll forget about all that stuff and boot directly from the CD, just because it's easier and may do the same job although it'd be slower.

but i dont want to do that :) im complicated haha and i wanna try this, if for nothing else, the knowledge of knowing how to do it, im a nerd, what can i say? lol

Back
Top Bottom