Boot problem needs help.

3VGA

Beta member
This is my very first build...

Well, I have everything in the case, plugged up and have the components running. I opened up the UEFI BIOS and everything seems to be running fine. CPU is stock, running on idle at 30-35C and motherboard is at 30-32C.

Now when I go into the "Boot" tab on the BIOS, there is only one boot option when I'm using a SSD and a HDD. I believe the one on there is the HDD. Now to continue with the problems, when I try to load the Windows 7 CD from the disk drive, I get "Reboot and Select proper Boot Drive or Insert Boot Media in Boot Device and press any key"

What is the problem here?

P.S.: My hard drives and disk drive are plugged into the SATA3 ports. Should I move a couple to SATA2 and see if that helps? Is this a "your drives arent plugged in" deal? or is it something else entirely?

I'd suggest you to check your sata ports and try on the SATA2 as well. Check whether your DVD drive is working properly. Try to put the boot priority on the DVD drive.

To add to Aud21's reply.

Put the SSD in Sata3 port 1
HDD in Sata3 port 2
DVD in Sata 2 port 1

Go through your BIOS once again and make sure that your drives are being detected.

Alright, did some trouble-shooting and I have all of the drives being recognized now on the Boot Menu. When I try to boot any of the drives, I get a message.

Driver Disk Preparer v1.07 - ASRock Incorporation, all rights reserved
Model Name: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

Select Source:
1. Generate the RAID/AHCI diver diskette for Intel Z68 Chipset
2. Generate the AHCI driver diskette for Marvell SATA 3.0
3. Exit

When I hit 1 or 2 I get this:

Source: Generate the RAID/AHCI (ACHI for #2) driver diskette for Intel/Marvell
No supported drive found: Floppy 1.44MB and USB drive!

Reboot system now
Press any key to continue...

Any thoughts on how I can fix this issue?

[FONT=&quot]I think you installed the raid driver and it wants you to set up a raid array. Start up again, go into bios and make sure that Marvel is disabled and that the Z68 controller is what you set it on to install windows. Make sure neither one is set to raid.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think you installed the raid driver and it wants you to set up a raid array. Start up again, go into bios and make sure that Marvel is disabled and that the Z68 controller is what you set it on to install windows. Make sure neither one is set to raid.[/FONT]

And set it to ahci

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, because I disabled the Marvell and still getting the same messages. All the drivers were also set to AHCI. Can someone walk me through this?

How do I do that? Because it is obvious that seeing as this is my first time doing any of this, I need a good walkthrough and extensive help by someone who is well versed with this kind of thing.

Lets start here.....

Your boot order should be like this:
1. DVD drive
2. The hard drive you want to be your OS drive
3. The other hard drive.

I'm assuming you are using the SSD for your main OS drive, and the HDD as a secondary drive?

Now load up your Windows 7 cd, reboot and give it a whirl and let us know.

Back
Top Bottom