Boot manager help

Timinator94

Baseband Member
Any body know how to remove O.s es from the boot screen? Ive allready deleted all but 1 os.

Thanks

By delete do you mean going into the whole file system and just highlighting everything and deleting?

I'm dual booting with Win 7 RC but I didn't know that the options stay in your Boot Manager when you get rid of one OS . . . I would try doing a complete format of the drive that the OS was on so it's just empty space. Don't format your only OS though >.>
If you have Vista or Win 7 there's a formatting program in the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Manager > Disk Management. (Not sure if XP has one >.>) Just format the partitions that don't have your main OS on it and make sure you have all your info backed up. Formating will delete everything from the partition.

i totally reformated the partitions with the operating systems but the boot selector screen still has the os es my primary os is xp pro. when i select one of the deleted partitions it wont boot.......

edit the boot.ini file that's on the root of the C drive to remove the ones that you can't boot to

There's a way to edit the bootloader through the control panel in Win7, but I can't remember it right now. But EasyBCD rocks, so just use that.

Back
Top Bottom