Blurry CRT

MikeReiner

Golden Master
My friend gave me a 17" CTX CRT monitor.. the monitor has a blurryness issue.. and i'm wonder if there is anyway to fix it.. how would one go about fixing a blur on one of these things? (i've gone through the options and had no luck.)

Could it be glass imperfection? Or maybe it's just dirty. Try playing around with the settings on the monitor itself. Might be a contrast issue.

Like I said, i've gone through all the options already. Nothing in there helps.

The monitor was not always blurry like this.. supposedly it got thrown once... and it's been blurry since.

The tube is probably damaged and there, it could be making blurry things. Change it.

ArrizX said:
Got thrown? Wow, yeah that'd do it.

Try a degauss anyways.

lol, you think I wouldn't try that before asking? :)

I always try out different things before getting help. Degauss didn't do anything. It's not a damanged electron magnet problem, if so then I would have purple spots all over the place.

There doesn't seem to be an option to specifically reset the monitor settings. The monitor was sitting on a desk in a storage room for about a year...

Oh and for the record, the monitor being thrown is just a suspescion. Friend isn't sure that this is the exact monitor...

Back
Top Bottom