Blue screen on media player??

jeo14888

Baseband Member
Hi, i recently downloaded a couple of episodes of the simspons, the problem is whenever i try to play any of them it comes up with a blue screen but still plays the sound. Ive tried using other programs, i have loads of codecs, the read me file says 'X-Vid with MP3 128 kbps VBR sound' so i downloaded xvid codecs and still the same blue screen. Be grateful for any help on this one, even though im scum for downloading free episodes. Thanks.

still sounds like a codec problem. Try downloading k-lite codec pack, it has had almost all of the codecs I have ever needed.

it turned out that somehow one of the files was infected and avg got rid of it, so i juts unistalled and reinstaled. I was starting to think it might be the graphics card, thanks.

weird i have this, and the way i fix it, i have to unload window blinds, do u have that installed? just wondering why the virus thing fixed it lol. is it a light blue screen? or like the bsod.

alright the first thing you want to do is get rid of the "loads" of codecs you installed, just uninstall them.

sometimes you can get codec confilics when various codecs are installed at the same time.

This makes the problem worse.

download this program. Import the video file into it. and it will tell you exactly what codecs you need.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

(ps i doubt its your video card)

good luck
:D

Back
Top Bottom