Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via Skype™ to Fujitaka
Default Blue screen followed by non boot

My brother recently got a blue screen on his computer and I'm not sure what it is that's causing it. I tried fixing it using the safe modes to no success.

The hard drive later died(Seems everything in my house is dying) and I ended up picking up a new one to try and fix this problem. Since the new hard drive had no OS I assumed the blue screen wouldn't persist which it hasn't but then when I try to install a fresh OS on the hard drive it loads the files and then it hangs at "windows starting" without the four color logo for microsoft. Is the blue screen issue still effecting me?

How do I go about solving this or checking, I'm not sure what steps to take I'm using a usb thumb drive to install my windows 7(no cd drive on pc). I've tried so many times to get it to launch but its only causing me frustration.

I apologize about all my negative post on my hardware I seem to be getting hit with a plague this week I have no idea whats going on... smh

Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Blue screen followed by non boot

That blue screen is hardware related and I think it came from the BIOS.

You're having hardware problems somewhere. It could be the controllers, memory, whatever.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

If it's hardware, chances are it's the RAM. It's the most likely hardware to die other than harddrives.
If you have 2 modules installed, take one of them out. See if it boots. If not, swap it with the other.
Remember that some motherboards (mostly intel) need the first RAM module to be located in slot0. That's the first slot from the CPU.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:34 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Try going into the BIOS and disabling the floppy disc drive (even if there isn't one installed in the PC, the BIOS sometimes has this enabled). Often Windows 7 gets a bit confused when the BIOS says there's a floppy drive which isn't actually plugged in.

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via Skype™ to Fujitaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
If it's hardware, chances are it's the RAM. It's the most likely hardware to die other than harddrives.
If you have 2 modules installed, take one of them out. See if it boots. If not, swap it with the other.
Remember that some motherboards (mostly intel) need the first RAM module to be located in slot0. That's the first slot from the CPU.
Seems you were right, I took out the other three ram sticks leaving the closest one to the cpu in and the windows 7 setup booted.. I swear technology works in some weird ways.. smh Thanks for the tip and thank you to everyone else that had some input to share I greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

You are welcome.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Great tip Biker! I am still learning, and this helped a lot.