Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-11-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
BSOD

Default Blue screen of death problem

Hi, I have what I think to be a serious error on my computer, at the moment I am using my brothers computer. I have a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) I cannot go onto windows on my computer, I cannot go on in Safe Mode, I cant even reinstall windows, Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Archangel112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Blue screen of death problem

well, us knowing what the bsod is telling you for an error and some of the specifics of your system would help out a lot. there are many things that could be causing that problem, but its likely a hardware issue if you can't reinstall windows either.

xtremezx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Golden Master

We need more information. Exactly where in the boot process does your computer get to before getting the BSOD?

If you can boot to a CD, it's simply a matter of putting in your Windows CD to reinstall (assuming that's what you want to do).
If you can't, then boot into your bios (press F1, F2, F10, or ESC depending on your setup) and change to boot order to make the CD drive boot first, which will force your computer boot to the CD before it even starts to read your hard drive.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

You can always reinstall

it is most likely a STOP error

like was said before me there are many causes, i suggest you write down the complete error message

and then look for it here.

http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html

It will tell you what is causing it and how to fix it.

Good Luck
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
You can always reinstall
he tried that. it wouldn't let him. its in his first post.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

i know what he said, and he is mistaken.

he CAN reinstall, its just a matter of setting the correct boot order, and pressing a key........
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
BSOD

First of all thanks for all the replies, Secondly I've been trying to fix it for ages so I now have no OS installed on my comp when I try to boot from windows boot CD it gets to the part were at the bottom it says "Setup is Starting Windows" and then goes blue and gives me a stop message it says something like this 0x000007b , Im all outta ideas guys.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel112
First of all thanks for all the replies, Secondly I've been trying to fix it for ages so I now have no OS installed on my comp when I try to boot from windows boot CD it gets to the part were at the bottom it says "Setup is Starting Windows" and then goes blue and gives me a stop message it says something like this 0x000007b , Im all outta ideas guys.

did you totally not read my post.......

Quote:

it is most likely a STOP error

like was said before me there are many causes, i suggest you write down the complete error message

and then look for it here.

http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html

It will tell you what is causing it and how to fix it.

Good Luck

OK man i will even save you the trouble of clicking the link.

0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

A problem occurred during the initialization of the I/O system; often the startup device or the file system. Windows XP lost access to the system volume or boot volume during the startup process.

Initialisation of the I/O system failed (usually the boot device or the file system). Indicates that Windows lost access to the system volume or boot volume during the startup process. This error always occurs while the system is starting and is often caused by one of the following: Hardware problems; Corrupted or incompatible storage drivers; File system problems; Boot sector viruses; Outdated firmware. During I/O system initialisation, this error can occur when the controller or driver for the startup device (typically the hard disk) failed to initialise the necessary hardware; The file system initialisation failed because the system did not recognise the data on the boot device.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
BSOD

Quote:
did you totally not read my post.......

OK man i will even save you the trouble of clicking the link.

0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

A problem occurred during the initialization of the I/O system; often the startup device or the file system. Windows XP lost access to the system volume or boot volume during the startup process.

Initialisation of the I/O system failed (usually the boot device or the file system). Indicates that Windows lost access to the system volume or boot volume during the startup process. This error always occurs while the system is starting and is often caused by one of the following: Hardware problems; Corrupted or incompatible storage drivers; File system problems; Boot sector viruses; Outdated firmware. During I/O system initialisation, this error can occur when the controller or driver for the startup device (typically the hard disk) failed to initialise the necessary hardware; The file system initialisation failed because the system did not recognise the data on the boot device.
Thanks for showing me the error message but what do I do?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

i am busy at work right now, i will answer that in a little bit.

hold tight