Blue Screen of Death! Help

Mortiscon

Baseband Member
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop running Windows XP. The problem is that every time I turn it on it will get past the Windows logo and hit the BLUE screen of death. Right after that happens, it will restart on me. It will do this until I turn off the machine. Is there anything that I can do to repair this problem without the risk of losing any data?

Thanks!
<Mortiscon>

It is most likely a hardware error. That has happened to me once. I just adjusted the cords on my HDD. It worked fine.

Does it give u an error code? we need this to be able to see whats causing the BSOD. You cud also try booting in safe mode, does that work? if so prob a driver error or a piece of software that u have recently installed.

I have tried to boot in safe mode as well as the other options. It does have some writing on the blue screen, but it just flashes up, too fast to read anything.

Mate of mine had this happen to his pc, his hdd on the laptop had come loose, so worth checking that everything is seated properly, ie ram etc, worth a try.

istonian said:
It is most likely a hardware error. That has happened to me once. I just adjusted the cords on my HDD. It worked fine.

Exactly what I said.

Yeah I have tried and it's not the hardware connections. Can you run a re-install without losing the data. I know that you can with Windows 98?

You can use the pause key to catch the error, if you time it right :) Get the error and post it here.

Yeah u can, altho sometimes it likes to play silly buggers and says diff version of windows installed etc. Chance however u might get the BSOD again trying to install, worth a try tho.

Back
Top Bottom