Blue Screen of Death

AnonymousIIV

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I have installed a dual OS (Windows 7/Ubuntu) and now I'm having problems with the computer. First it asked me to do a CHKDSK then upon restarting the computer again, about five minutes later I see the Blue Screen of Death, the report is as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002C83B65
BCP3: FFFFF880071C5A00
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082911-29452-01.dmp
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-72914-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Basically, I'm stuck on what I should do? Should I uninstall Ubuntu?

Cheers.

How did you set up the hard drive? Are the two OS'es installed on a partitioned drive, or on separate drives? Which one did you install first?

Hi og,

Thanks for your response. I installed Windows 7 first - that was installed months ago. However - today I took on the challenge and installed Ubuntu alongside Windows 7. I followed all instructions on the site. For example, burned it onto a disc - tested it first without making changes to the system then I installed it. It asked me whether I wanted to install it alongside Windows 7 or remove W7 and use Ubuntu. I went ahead and clicked alongside W7.

The computer seems fine (for now), but what happened was not long after installing Ubuntu I saw a blue screen for a couple seconds (didn't get a chance to read it all), and it said something about dumping files. After this, it forcefully restarted the computer and after that nothing has happened. However - the BSOD usually is a sign of a critical hardware error?

Does that answer your question?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does answer my question, thanks. As for your situation, a random BSOD after an install like this is usually not a cause for alarm. If it happens often, maybe. If the windows install had some files on the drive where ubuntu partitioned off for itself, it may have caused windows to flip out when it couldnt find it. Not very likely, but I have seen it happen. If you can use the system fine now, I wouldn't worry about it. A BSOD isn't always about a hardware problem.

Back
Top Bottom