Blue screen

Kirigato

Solid State Member
Hellow,
I was told that blue screen is mainly a hardware problem so I'll write it here. I often have a blue screen, I mean, maybe in average once per two days? It's exactly that one, all the time:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzhc7ozw8sirqtl/IMAG0601.jpg?dl=0

Do you know where is the problem?
BTW. I have problem with my AC as well, I cannot turn on my PC normally. I have to, umm, unplug a cable, plug, press power and hope that it will works. I do it about ~7times for one PC start. I have had this problem for ~3months, but I haven't done anything to solve it until now, because it's not a big problem for me to be honest - but I'm just scared about my PC :)

Sadly, I use my PC to work, and I can't go with this to a service right now.

I was told that blue screen is mainly a hardware problem so I'll write it here.

It can be many things. Not just hardware. In fact i have seen more software related BSOD's than hardware BSOD's.

Is far as i can see it seam to be a RAM problem... so yeah, it might be hardware in this case.

Do your laptop have 2 RAM modules? if so. take out one of them and see if the problem stops. If not, swap that RAM and try again.
You can also scan your RAM for errors with memtest. This is properly the best way of checking if your RAM have physical problems.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Do you know how to boot up a software like memtest?

Last edited:
It's my PC, not my laptop, with 2x 4gb module. I scanned my RAM with one program a few days ago and everything was OK, but I'll try with that memtest.

How to use it? I guess I can download it, install on pendrive / CD and boot system with pendrive / CD?

Ohh, i just though it was a laptop since you mentioned problems with your AC. Sounded to me like you were having trouble with your charger.

Yeah it's basically just burn the .IOS to a CD or USB drive and boot it up.

It probably is okay! Often these things are actually software issues (despite the message...) and a reinstall will often fix it.

I had a HP G60 which used to blue screen every day (from new) and as it got older it blue screened less, it got to maybe 6 months old and I don't think I ever saw it blue screen again... similar to my current lenovo, I had lines which kept appearing on the screen (from new), artifacts, and they got less common as the laptop has got older!

Maybe it will "grow out of it" :p

I formated my PC lately.

The main problem is with AC to be honest. I have to plug in and plug out a cable about ~10times when I want to turn on my PC.

Back
Top Bottom