Blue Screen.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
When i first started to install my programs on my new custom build computer i had a blue screen apper for like 1 second and then my comp would turn off and restart :( i then found out that by deliting my old firewall "BlackIce" would solve the problem. I still dont see the reason why it would do that. Now the problem is still accuring from time to time, and it really pisses me off coz i like to keep my comp runnig 24/7

the blue screen opears for only 1 second so i cant even see what might be the problwm.

how would resove this isssue?

thanks.

I'm not sure what the exact reason is why you are getting BSODs but it is possible that you can get a better look at the message that is printed if you change some settings. Right click on My Computer >> Advanced >> Start Up and Recovery 'Settings' >> Deselect the option that says "Automatically Restart".

hmm, that is weird, for some reason installing and uninstalling programs can cause BSOD, i got one the other day while installing hl2, for no reason. My temps were cold, and it was a fresh install of windows. Never gotten a BSOD since, and i play CS:S, and F.E.A.R. for hours straight, weird.

BSOD's are a bitch and can be caused by alot of things, if there is nothing important on the computer installing a fresh copy of windows should solve the problem.... take note though, most of the time BSOD's are caused by software clashes.... i usually get pissed and reinstall windows.... scrubbing even the partitions.....

this is what i was able to get after "blue screen" haz apeared agan after the window restarted, this msg poped up

BCCode : 100000c5 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 8054385C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

i then clicked report this problwm to microsoft and it told me that it will need to transfer/use this files

C:\DOCUME~1\WINXPU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3570.dir00\Mini081906-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\WINXPU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3570.dir00\sysdata.xml

also i was able to read one word when the blue screen apeard again, on the bottom left side corner it sad something about "memory dump"

ok, let me give a quick over view of BSOD's, those letters stand for blue screen of death because it always means the same thing..... your computer is dumping it's physical memory.... there are all kinds of reasons this might happen.... one thing you might try if you are running windows xp is once windows boots hit ctrl+alt+dlt and click on the processes tab, watch the bottom of the screen and see what percent of your processor is being used, i've seen BSOD's caused by too much processor usage.... other than that your most likely goona have to scrub clear back to the partitions or find the software issue.....

Back
Top Bottom