Blue screen...

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Untill recently I had a copied version of windows (I know Im bad) I decided to buy an offical copy. I did this because I was getting the blue screen of death loads. I got the idea stuck in my head that it was the operating system. So I got a new and official copy. All was well, untill in the middle of counterstrike THUD! ARRRRGG! The horrible blue screen. I kept on checking the temp and it hadnt even gotten over 55. I lost my rag and took off the fan and covered it with loads of thermal paste. But no, once again it blue screened me. Ive tried loads of drivers and they dont seem to be the problem, so whats up with it?

And whats the most stable nvidia driver? Because Ill use that to see if it solves the problem. My card is 6800 NU if you were wondering

Hmm, Are you sure its not the RAM playing up? :( This seems to be a problem on alot of systems, even if its new as you probably know.

If its only doing it in games though, it might very well be the driver, so try using the previous Nvidia ones if you are getting problems and maybe that might sort some of them out.

I hope this helps :)

They Ram ey? Ill tey it in a diffrent slot and see if that makes a diffrence.

Yeah, it might do, though if that doesn't help and its still doing it, try using a previous driver if you have only just started getting the problem after updating.

If that doesn't help, the RAM could be the issue, and replacing it might solve those problems you have.

Are you overclocking by the way? This might instabalise a few systems if pushed with games, etc, if pushed slightly too far?

Yeah, I thought it could be that, so I set everything back to default and it kept doing it...So it cant be that. I wonder if crucial would take my RAM back?

It seems like the RAM is the issue then I'm afraid :(

If its faulty and still under guarantee, I don't think you should have any problems, but its good RAM what you have there, and so you shouldn't have to pay for it again.
Do they have some kind of longer guarantee with the company themselves? I have a feeling they do, so it might be best e-mailing them or phoning them to find out what you can do, or try going straight back to the company you bought it from.

Don't they say that if bought from the internet and it happens in less than 2/3 months that the fault was there when bought and so a refund is very easy to do? I don't think you've had the RAM that long have you?

if it's defective it takes a couple more steps to send it back to them. i think you have 30 days before you can't ship it back to the stroe.

Back
Top Bottom