Blue screen

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Ive recently had my dell upgraded with a Geforce 4 graphics card. The card works very well with all my games and seemed fine. After playing on my games for over an hour or so, I came back to my computer with a blue screen with alot of white writing. One of the main things I picked out were the words "DRIVER_IQS_less_or equal" or something along those lines. This has happened three times now and I would be very greatful if there is anybody out there who can solve it.

Haha!

I know about nothing about computers, BUT I'M LEARING!

I might say that you are running too many things, that you don't have enough space to run the things you are.

Something that I have found out, is that if you are running AIM while playing CS it slows you down a lot, so if you have a bunch of stuff in the bottom right corner open, I'd say close some of the unnecasary things.

That's what I'd say, and I am no computer wiz, so don't be surprised if that's not it.

99nasha said:
Ive recently had my dell upgraded with a Geforce 4 graphics card. The card works very well with all my games and seemed fine. After playing on my games for over an hour or so, I came back to my computer with a blue screen with alot of white writing. One of the main things I picked out were the words "DRIVER_IQS_less_or equal" or something along those lines. This has happened three times now and I would be very greatful if there is anybody out there who can solve it.
seeing as the graphics card is the latest device that has been installed, it will more than likely be that hopefully its just a driver issue...
the error... is it?
Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
the stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable mem using a kernel process IRQL that was too high, drivers that have used improper addreses typically cause this error...

stop messages have 4 parameters:
- Memory referenced.
- IRQL at time of reference.
- Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
- Address that referenced memory.

if this is the case then :
install the latest drivers for your card and the latest patches for your OS if that doesnt fix it, some firewalls in the past have thrown systems off on that (kerio and sygate).
edit-
there is the chance that the card could be duff... or things could be overheating.

I think I had some interesting problems with the Geforce 4 Drivers; never like that but the original ones had problems. nVidia.com should sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom