Blank Screen on startup

buckmoney

Beta member
Well today I got my parts which included 6 120mm fans 1 80mm fan a fan controller and another 8800gt so I can SLI with the other one I currently have already installed.

Today I started to put the card in. First I went to device manager and uninstall the display adapter and it continued on to uninstall the current evga drivers I had. After that I power down and took apart my computer to get ready to install the video card. I took the Selector card out of my Asus mobo and inverted it like it says so the it says Double on the other side
asusnews1.jpg

I then plugged the other PCI-e connector into my new video card and seated it in place, and then put the SLI bridge on the two cards on. I was all done so I powered up my computer and it doesn't even recognize my LCD screen or something because it just stays blank and the power button on the LCD blinks. I tryed a different monitor and got the same results. I coninued on to try all kinds of different things like switching back to a single card, still no luck...I tryed both of the video cards also and still no luck. I dont understand, everything works fine on boot up. The HDD's work the fans work the video cards fans spin. I have no idea :confused:

I did notice though that before when I booted up the video cards fan would spin at 100% for 3 seconds then go to 25%. When I boot up now the video card boots at 100% fan speed and stays at 100%

My specs are

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
e6850 C2D @ stock 3ghz
2 gigs of mushkin extreme ram
2 gigs of OCZ Nvidia SLI edition ram
2x EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
Asus P5N-E
Creative X-fi xtremegamer soundcard
Western Digital 250 gb 7500 rpm
Western Digital 75 gb 10000 rpm

Back
Top Bottom