Blank Screen. Custom Build.

Liminator

In Runtime
I've recently built a new computer and for some reason when I turn it on I get a blank screen with all fans running at high RPMs and the CD-Drive blinking on and off every 2 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Is like it hooked up to a monitor? Make sure if you got a seperate video card, that the monitor is plugged into the video card, not the onboard video for your comp.

Erm, did you install the OS alrite or you didn't get there yet? You might need newer drivers for your mobo. I'm not sure though, wait till someone else answers back.

I haven't gotten to the OS yet since it happened the first time I pushed the power button. Should I take out the coin battery and put it back in to reset the BIOS?

I dunno you can try resetting the BIOS, but since you never did anything in the first place I don't know why you would. As for opening the cd drive, when the computer is shut off, take a paperclip, unravel it so its straight. Your cd drive should have a lil hole near the tray, stick the paperclip in there and it should open. Put the Win XP install disc, and see if anything happens when you boot up. G'luck.

Eh, I did that and still nothing. I left it open once and then when I booted it, it just closed then continued doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom