Blank CD Not Detected..

Blitz54

Solid State Member
Ive been trying to burn cds on my computer. The OS and the burning programs all acknowledge that there is a drive, but when i try to burn and put a blank disc into the drive the burning programs like, windows media player, dont read that there is a disc in the drive. Any suggestions?

have you got nero?
media player sucks for burning imo, and sometimes they dont show up when they are blank, its happened to me, but it still works and when i put data on it then it works.
also have you tried putting a cd with data in and seeing if that works?

No, ive tried roxio, wmp, and sonic. None of them say there's a disc in the tray. I just tried an audio cd in the burning drive and it doesnt say theres anything there..

see if its being picked up in the bios. if not then theres probs a connection problem

Whats the make of your drive? Are the discs your using compatible with the drive?

Not sure of the make but it is compatible since it used to work just fine.

Ok figured out what bios was but how do i find out if its being picked up?

every bios is different. on my old pc its got an "ide detection" thing which shows whats connected. on my newer compaq it gives a list of the cd/dvd drives connected on the main page. just have a look around. as long as you dont start changing all the options ull be fine. it should be easy to find but i cant really help as i dont know what bios you have

Back
Top Bottom