Blackout Screen Help!

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
Well, the problem is my brother droped a computer speaker onto the top of the computer tower then it went dead. When I turned it back on, I can see the loading screen from the motherboard but seems like I can't load up windows xp. If I stare closely at the LCD panel, I can see a dark shade of the loading screen for windows xp and it halts. I can get in the computer in safe mode. I thought it was my graphics card so I went in safe mode and uninstall the drivers from the "device manager" screen. Then I reinstall the drivers but It can never load up xp in normal mode. Any suggestions?

FYI: It's an old computer with a MSI Nvidia geforce fx 5200.

Thanks in advance,
Regnarts,

wow, i have to say i've never heard of that happening. but i'm very curious as to what the solution is. If I think of anything i'll let you know, hopefully someone else on here has an idea though...

check if the computer has an integrated gfx card, cuz try that and see if it works (dont forget to change it to integrated in the bios)

I checked the bios and it has nothing about integrated gfx card...
err.. so the thing is that...I can get in with safe mode...but why not in normal mode....?.. Is it the motherboard or the graphics card that was damaged during the speaker dropped?.. I'm clueless here...

thanks again... let me know... if you guys find anything else.. anything worth trying is much appreciated.

im betting the graphics card. but in bios it should say like "primary video adapter" or something and then it says pci or agp or watever, well change that to integrated.

wait, what motherboard do you havE?

john123 said:
im betting the graphics card. but in bios it should say like "primary video adapter" or something and then it says pci or agp or watever, well change that to integrated.

wait, what motherboard do you havE?

Yeah..I saw that.. it only has pci or agp and nothing else....
My motherboard is an integrated motherboard..from intel. It doesn't have a name..or I can't find it in the bios setup.

but for bios version it has:
PT84510.86A.0012.P01

I switched back to my old graphics card that came with the computer that I bought many years ago.. and it still didn't display... So no i'm guessing... it's not my graphics card....what could've gone wrong when the speakers hit the tower? Perhaps it knocked something loose?..haha.. getting crazy here...
Thanks for looking and helping.... it's not solved yet! hehe

couple of things u cud try...

the shock of the speaker landing on the case cud have caused a few problems. Something could have come loose in the case, like a pci card, do u have many cards installed, best bet is to take everything out thats non essential and only leave the gfx in, see if it starts then, if it does, then put one thing back at a time and see if it crashes, 2 things are possible, either the card came loose or it got damaged from the shock, safe mode wud still load as the drivers for the card arent loaded etc. hopefully this will fix it...

if not the last thing u cud try that i can think of regards the HDD. The shock cud have damaged some essential start up files in windows, that safe mode doesnt use.To fix this try using the windows disk to do a repair of the installation. Hopefully if this is the case it shud fix it, only last week i bought a new motherboard installed it and i must have knocked the hdd pretty badly as i needed to do this in order to get windows up and runnin again, well i tried, wudnt work for some reason lol but mostly it does.

hope u manage to get it working let me know :)

ps check the ram is properly bedded too.

Happaned to me once, I got annoyed with my very old Pentium 2 lmao It was years ago and I booted the front case and my computer turned of I was like " UH OH!" I crapped myself because I thought my mum would kill me but I always made an excuse. I found out later that the CPU had fried some how lmao

Back
Top Bottom