Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Black screen after XP loading bar

Hello everyone! I have one of the Asus 1000HE netbooks and when I attempted to do a system restore it followed through, restarted the system, and when the XP bar finished loading instead of going to my log in it hangs on a black screen. I can boot into safe mode and directory service mode but my system restore option seems bugged now. It will let me select a date and when I'm on the warning screen after the calender the next button will not work. I click it and nothing happens. Any suggestions are appreciated.

PS: Also could someone explain why my flash drive shows up in My Computer but has none of the files that are on it when I plug it into my Xbox? basically why does my Xbox show the files but not the netbook.

Thank you in advance for any and all help

RevInstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Black screen after XP loading bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevInstant View Post
Hello everyone! I have one of the Asus 1000HE netbooks and when I attempted to do a system restore it followed through, restarted the system, and when the XP bar finished loading instead of going to my log in it hangs on a black screen. I can boot into safe mode and directory service mode but my system restore option seems bugged now. It will let me select a date and when I'm on the warning screen after the calender the next button will not work. I click it and nothing happens. Any suggestions are appreciated.

PS: Also could someone explain why my flash drive shows up in My Computer but has none of the files that are on it when I plug it into my Xbox? basically why does my Xbox show the files but not the netbook.

Thank you in advance for any and all help
you cant see the files on the flashdrive because xbox uses a different format..and its also a security thing so you cant hack/use burnt or copied games..but about your windows problem..sometimes it will take forever after a system restore so just let it hang there for a while.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Black screen after XP loading bar

Thanks for the advice but I let it sit for two hours and still the black screen? Any advice?
RevInstant is offline   Reply With Quote