BIZARRE Vista glitch; not a problem, but very confusing

sam_malone

Solid State Member
Like I said, this isn't a problem, per se, but just something utterly bizarre happened to my laptop today. Thought I'd share, maybe this has happened to someone else, or maybe my computer is just haunted.

I was in a lecture today at university, with my laptop, jotting notes away happily. My battery was running low, but I thought I'd have enough juice to last me to the end of class. In the middle of typing my screen went blank, so I assumed the battery had crapped out, but the power light was still on. I had no choice but to hold it down until the laptop turned off, but thought I'd try turning it back on, since Windows claimed I had a healthy 10 minutes left (and I needed to continue taking notes.)

However, when I turned my computer back on, I got a Windows XP loading screen. It then went to a blue screen, with the mouse in the centre along with the little hourglass (that I miss so dearly.)

Huh?

I bought this laptop new. It came with Vista, and that's all it has even known.

I plugged in after the lecture to recharge the battery & turn it on to see what was happening, and alas, Vista loaded as usual.

So, yeah... anyone have any explanation? Has this ever happened before? Is my laptop haunted?

Weird, but not unheard of.

Where did you get the laptop? was it refurbished?

Also, is there more than one partition on the drive?

That's kinda what I'm thinking. That, or when he bought it, it was refurbished and the company didn't properly reinstall vista on it and the original owner had XP.

It was purchased from Best Buy, and was brand new.

Then again, I suppose it's not impossible that it was previously purchased and returned or something?

Then again, I suppose it's not impossible that it was previously purchased and returned or something?

With any store that is always possible. If geeksquad "cleaned" it then that adds the human factor into the clean-up in which case the tech could have forgotten to wipe the hard drive clean.

you laptop is saying "AHHH ME DONT LIKE VISTA WINDOWS BETTER" LOL thats really unusual, the haunted laptop :O

I swear, I had literally just typed "God, I hate Vista" in an MSN conversation (clearly paying attention during my lecture!) before it crashed.

Microsoft is taunting me. :(

Back
Top Bottom