BitTorrents Slow

niceties55

Daemon Poster
How come I can never get fast (past 15kbs) downloads (have used Tomato torrent, and Bits on wheels, Mac programs) and i can almost NEVER get past 10-15kbs on a single download. I have a 1mbs connection, and i always choose the ones with the most seeders, and least leechers! HELP!

Who s your ISP?, they will most likely have the fair usage policy and so throttle P2P programs, they will also have a peek time usage aswell like 5PM-11-30 meaning no downloading of large files between these times as the server gets overloaded. Try DL late at night or early morning and see if you get higher speeds, use a torrent client with encryption software like Bitcomet or Utorrent, and use something like Peer Guardian aswell, your ISP will still be able to cap you but your are at least covering yourself a little.

also check your ports are open and any firewalls are allowing it through. i have this problem as well. at night from about 12ish to about 9 or 10 in the morning my speeds are maxed out and then from 11 they drop down around 60kb max in total. i hate the way ISPs say you have unlimited bandwidth and then fail to mention their fair usage policy that caps you off for a good third of your total contracted time with them

www.portforward.com - open ports
enable encryption - if the program supports it
and check if your isp has some sort of policy
im assuming your downloading legal torrents anyway, so ill help ;)

im assuming your downloading legal torrents anyway, so ill help ;)

as long as there's no mention of what's being downloaded, it's ok to discuss.

The programs themselves are legal, and have legal uses. It's just when we go into the illegal aspects of it we have to pull the plug. And as a general rule, we do not allow links to them (legal or no). As always, if you are doubting if you should ask (due to possible legal issues) just PM a mod and we'll gladly help you out.

Hmm.... What sucks about them, the download speeds, or the torrents themselves? Cuz the last video file I was of DVD quality.

Get a better torrent client number 1. Azureus is good:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php?os=1

Encrypt your Bittorrent transfers
http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-encrypt-BitTorrent-traffic/

(Get a PC)

i followed a link from what you posted and came across a list of bad ISPs to use for downloading torrents. most of my bandwidth is used up in torrents and my contract for my ISP (ecilpse; UK) is about to run out in a month. i noticed on the bad list that eclipse was mentioned to throttle torrents, this i can clearly see from my own experience. from an average of 320kb in the the middle of the night down to 30kb through the day it doesnt take a genius to work it out. anyway i am going to start looking for a new ISP, one that doesnt throttle torrents. i odnt mind spending the little extra for this comfort and was wondering if you could give me a heads start in my research and maybe name a few good ISPs, ones that give you what they advertise in unlimited downloads

Back
Top Bottom