bittorrent box

yah it was 40 bucks on cragslist so i figured why not and got it i can watch blue ray movies even better now lol have a cheap foxconn motherboard so it wont run blu ray movies pretty good

"investing" in a torrentbox is insane, it's not a HTPC, it's just a POS computer that frees up bandwidth for other things you do online...

you could literally go to a craigslist, a thrift store or the Goodwill, get a really old computer for $25-$50 and use it as a torrentbox, a friend of mine had an old Pentium 3 system that a friend gave him that he used as one, you don't even need that big of a hdd (40-80GB) because once you're done with a download you can transfer the files from it to your HTPC or main rig, imo "investing" in one kinda defeats the purpose unless you are making it a dual torrentbox/HTPC...

yah it was 40 bucks on cragslist so i figured why not and got it i can watch blue ray movies even better now lol have a cheap foxconn motherboard so it wont run blu ray movies pretty good

FUGH YEAH...!!! :D

I LOVE craigslist, good stuff for insanely low prices (most of the time), one guy right now has a 4870x2 for $150 near where I live (and he's willing to demonstrate it in 3DMark06 or Vantage, you have to be willing to take a chance though, I got burned once on a 19" LCD for $20 but have more than made up for it with other purchases...

I am going to get a cheap computer and put old parts into it and what not and spend like $100 so I don't use so much internet and space on my main computer.

I am going to get a cheap computer and put old parts into it and what not and spend like $100 so I don't use so much internet and space on my main computer.

great idea make sure you get tons of harddrives can never have enought space lol

Ya im going to throw in a 1TB, get a computer from my friends dad. It's a nice comp and I have an extra optical drive, hard drive, ram, and other parts. I can spend a little money to replace anything if needed and I have a keyboard mouse and screen for it, so this won't be too expensive for how much I torrent.

Back
Top Bottom