Originally Posted by Fisher
i have serval questions about bit torrents:
what are bit torrents, are they legal, how do they work, do you download the files or stream them of the internet, what are the best sites out there for bit torrents, do they come with spyware and ill ask again are they legal?
I wouldn't advise using it for a few reasons.
1. Alot of things are hard to find legal (if you're even using it leagaly, not saying I did but alot of people do).
2. Sometimes, you don't even know if what you're downloading is worth it or if it's a virus because alot of retards put super spyware disguised with "Cool Free Game!".
3. You have to open ports if you use the good stuff. http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
4. Alot of times the good sites won't have anything good that's LEGAL.
5. I have had to reset my internet connection via my ISP and close down a bunch of ports because a hacker got through and did port scans on my network. Now imagine how that was for me, a 15 year old being taken seriously by an ISP....
6. I mean come on, who really uses that stuff for legal things?? NO ONE!! That's why I don't use it.