Bit of a strange question

if you truely care about your brother and can afford to buy your own rig, why not let him suffer with the peice of junk for the time being while you build him one of his own? out of your own money? consider it a birthday or christmas gift, i bet he'd love you for years for it.

also you earn brownies with your parents for being mature and responsible (as long as you discuss it with them first, play the present twist)

dont destroy thiers, they may have files on there that are critical to be kept, if you destroy it you may loose your rig.

im sure that if your bro has gone this long with the junker then a few more months wont hurt. even if you just build him a low spec one im sure he'd appreciate it.

if they wont let him have his own, build a rig to replace your parents, and call it a gift to the family. even more brownies lol and no one looses really. you'll be given a breath of space and be shown more respect by them and no one can get angry over it.

You feel sorry for your brother having to stay up late to finish work?

Let him go on your computer.. Anything CPU taxing he needs to do - work out a time and a place where you wont be on the computer (and if you are on the computer 24/7 you need a break anyway)

If you dont want him on your computer / files, make him a seperate user account, and administrate it so he cant get to certain things.

Buy him a cheap USB drive, so he can take his work between the 2 computers, to speed up his processes..

Explain you are letting him on because you are trusting him with your electricals. Make a few guidelines he should abide by, nothing too stringent though.. Try to find a happy medium.

The computer eradicating isnt a good option, your brother may then be FORCED on your computer.. work round it.

Op, I hope you are not serious. A 2 ghz athlon should run a web browser no problem, just reformat the thing to a light OS (xp pro or a Linux distro such as debian 5)

do not destroy it, that is just pathetic. I cannot believe people are giving suggestions of ways to actually destroy the computer instead of trying to help fix it.

more ram is really what you need.

those specs you listed seem to pretty much match the computer that Im running now as I type this,

the only difference is that I've got much more RAM, everything works just fine for me.

this is what id do.

deal with the annoying brother, its called having a brother, im sure all siblings are annoying time to time.
and tell your bro tough shit an get his own computer.

Or give him a pen and paper, tell him to write his pages of stuff out, and remind him to write in double line spacing, in size 14 font, and extremelly neat and tidy, leaving a nice margin on the left hand side so he can bind his work.

Then after 10 minutes, let him go back on the old PC.

Back
Top Bottom