BioShock PC-Demo

As for my computer...
I have it on the highest settings it looks and runs great except...

-the sounds cuts off for me right after the plane crashes
I am using my 360 controller for windows it says that the volume is 0 for all of but i cant turn the volume up or down
Grr!

-After you get into rapture You see that guy about to be attacked but on mine I guess the game Freezes or something, Like i can still move around and stuff but nothing happens....

-This is on a fresh reinstall of my operating system-
(Windows Vista Home premium)
-I have the latest video card drivers even the ones that are recommended for Bioshock play...

i don't understand whats going on...

K try going to ur audio card settings and change the settings from whatever they are, ie 24bit audio 44khz to the one lower than this, ive seen this fix the audo problems for a lot of people. Hope this makes sense lol

if this doesntr work try setting it to xp sp2 compatbility mode, this also works.

The controller shouldn't be causing any issues. I use it with bioshock without any problems and my sounds fine.

I'm pretty sure there was a sound bug when it was first released. I know I got it the day after release and after I installed it, it went right to a patch update. So i'm thinking that may have been the sound bug problem.

Really is weird though have you tried playing the demo with the keyboard to see if the problems still happen?

What kind of soundcard are you using. I know certain people with the Xfi are having it lock up during certain sound sequences. Again I think the patch takes care of that because my Xfi works fine with the game.

I heard the demo is a bit buggy and alot slower fps wise vs the actual game.

Can u confirm the slower fps on the demo than the actual game? cos im not too impressed with my fps, thoguht they wud be higher.

My audio is
Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9220 A1 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

I will look around for the patch thanks

I checked windows updates and it said that i have all of the most recent updates and that their are non available i went into Device manager and right clicked on my audio device and clicked on update driver it old it to check online and it says i have the most recent drive

most modern sound cards on board are actually as good as cheap pci soundcards. And sometimes doing thatmethod of update doesnt work, never worked for me, id go to the manufacturers website and manually checked the latest driver.

Back
Top Bottom