BIOS update PROBLEM

I've got no results for either batch number and that is the first 8xxxxxxx batch # I've seen to date, I'm keen to see how they oc, what's the word on the board?

It's on the way back so hopefully I should have a new one by the end of this week/start of next week.

I'm itching to know my VID. I have an LGA775 board here. It doesn't support the 45nms, but if I drop one of my E8400s in, will I be able to access the BIOS and view the assigned voltage or am I going to have to wait for my P5K to return?

EDIT: OMG, I double posted. I think this is the first time in my life... I am so ashamed

EDIT: OMG, I double posted. I think this is the first time in my life... I am so ashamed
lmao. you make teh good funnies :D

I don't know if it would even boot tbh and if the bios does not support the cpu then how would it know which voltage to feed the cpu?

That really sucks man. I've always updated the BIOS on my boards from a USB stick using EZ Update 2 or whatever they call it.

You know, I've never used anything but Asus boards (except once when I had an Abit IC7 Max 3) and I've always used Asus Update to flash the bios and I have never had one go bad.

All my os's have been 32bit though so I guess in light of the 64bit issue that would explain a lot.

I feel sorry for worshipme sitting there with two new cpu's and no board, I would go mad. (probably buy a new board to tell the truth)

My memory on my P5K/E3110 setup won't play nice at 900MHz so I can't oc it to 4GHz, big choice now, risk divorce by purchasing faster memory (Kingston HyperX 2048MB 1066MHz DDR2, Non-ECC, CL5, for ~$100, pffft) or being happy with a rock solid 3.6GHz 1:1 with the 4GB DDR2 800MHz I already have, decisions decisions lol

The problem with that is that lots of people with Q6600's are running at 3.6 Ghz, while most 45nm guys are pushing 4 Ghz. If I had a wife we would probably be divorced already lol.

ordered a 2x 1GB dual channel kit as above, $A117.00 delivered

:D

got it delivered to the work P.O. Box :D

Just have to pay the CC bill online before the old girl sees it

;)

it sucks when you screw something up when you are about to get something new.
i usually get depress for about a week, unless i can afford a new one.

Back
Top Bottom