BIOS update PROBLEM

worshipme

Golden Master
*Gulp* I was updating my BIOS to enable support for my E8400 which is due to arrive tomorrow. I used the ASUSupdate OS-based utility and a USB flash drive because I couldn't be bothered to reboot etc etc. The old BIOS was erased and the new one was copied but could not be "verified". I know all too well what a ****ed up BIOS flash can do so by now I'm thinking "Oh ****, oh ****" I reboot to try to flash again but it doesn't POST and continues in a cycle of powering down and rebooting. I've tried pretty much the only thing that came to mind and reset the BIOS. I never had much hope of that working which of course it didn't.

Right before my E8400 arrives too. :mad:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am 99.9% sure I now have a dead board.

Guess I learned the hard way about not flashing in an OS environnement.

It's not a dead board.

Hang on... try one of these...

rec1.jpg

rec2-1.jpg

I need this to work because I wanna see how far your E8400 can go. Remember this is for my Mobo but hey ASUS must have the same kind of BIOS recovery system across their Mobos.

Not only that. I have used the ASUS BIOS update in the OS to update my BIOS when I got my Mobo. It actually worked after it downloaded an updated version of the BIOS update utility first before downloading the BIOS update.
:)

Recovery is not possible... The BIOS file was not detected in the USB stick and my system is stuck in a continous reboot cycle. I would have repped you but it seems I need to spread some around :)

Many thanks anyway.

This is actually from the manual for your Mobo...

rec3.jpg

If this doesn't work then I can only suggest that you obtain the original BIOS file again.

With regards to the reps... hey I know the score. I tried rep'n you but couldn't because of the same reason:)

Yep, I just get a reboot.

If only I could find a way to get it out of this continuous cycle.

Can you get into the BIOS at all an re-set the settings? Once you get your system running you can re-establish your OC settings.

I just think it's something to do with the OC on your set-up thats conflicting with the BIOS up-date, although I could be wrong.

I feel ur pain worship. do u own a floppy disk drive? cuz my Asus update utility wasn't working so i had to floppy disk boot and that all worked out fine it booted and everything but then i was confused and f*ed something up in the utility and rebooted but it all worked in the end. i would just recommend always doing a floppy BIOS update

Can you get into the BIOS at all an re-set the settings? Once you get your system running you can re-establish your OC settings.
I can't, the board won't POST and is stuck in a continuous reboot cycle.
I reset everything to default settings before flashing.
I feel ur pain worship. do u own a floppy disk drive? cuz my Asus update utility wasn't working so i had to floppy disk boot and that all worked out fine it booted and everything but then i was confused and f*ed something up in the utility and rebooted but it all worked in the end. i would just recommend always doing a floppy BIOS update
I don't own a FDD, as I've always flashed from a USB stick which worked fine. I was just too lazy to reboot and flash without booting into the OS and this is where it's got me.

If there's a way I can get my system out of this cycle then maybe I'll be able to recover.

Back
Top Bottom