bios update error

ja6on

Daemon Poster
hey guys i just updated my bios via intels web site (as thought its best to before i start to look at oc'in processor) but now my usb mouse will not work.

If i unplug it windows (7 64bit) gives me the ding dong noise, then i plug it in an it says installing drivers, then asks me to reset,(which it shouldnt) but mouse still not working.

Iv gone in to bios an checked all usb ports are enabled then changed the jumper to bios config and loaded bios optimized defaults. still the same.

the mobo is a intel dh55hc and its an optical usb mouse.

Im stuck, anybody had this before? how do i just reset the bios version?

ok im still stuck an seems to have everyone here stumped, looks like ill have re-install windows an see if this fixs it?

Try a different mouse, if that doesn't fix it, try reinstalling, but if that doesn't do it either, the board may be screwed up. Does any USB devices other than mouse work?

If you can't return the board, providing it's screwed, then maybe a USB PCI card may solve it.

Also, go in the BIOS, and make sure the USB is well enabled, set to Hispeed, and try enabling USB Legacy mode.

(hhm i posted reply yest but the post has gone?)

The mouse is fine as works in ps3 and laptop. My ps3 controller still works when plugged in via usb using motionjoy (although win does say its installing drivers every time i plug it in) also usb works when plugging in my phone or a usb flash drive.

win 7 is installing correct drivers (checked against laptop) only diff i can see is on the laptop under location it says usb port, on the pc it says location 2 regardless which usb port its in.

I'll do a fresh install on friday.

I have a ps/2 port mouse and that works, but only one ps/2 port that is used by keyboard.

Its a brand new board with 3yrs warranty, but cant imagine an intel update breaking the mobo.

i check bios an ports are enabled an set to high speed an usb legecy on.

Back
Top Bottom