Bios setup screen

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
I had a friend of mine install my windows xp before i really knew anything about computers. He also changed a couple of my settings so that when i turn on my computer it skips past the bios screen. Now i want to view it i have no idea how to get to it... any ideas?

Wow, he made it skip past the bios screens? I didn't think that was possible (tell him that was a bad idea). What kind of bios do you have?

i dont know how he did it. I reboot my computer my monitor flashes it's logo it then goes directly to oading windows... I am pretty pissed about it but i guess i'll just have to work around it.

yeah, on some bios' it does that, come to think of it...my dad's computer does that...on some reboots it breifly flashes bios specs. When it DOES flash the specs, quickly (and I say quickly) press pause/break button (I think), and it should freeze the spec screen, see if this helps

pause beak button....is that an f1 or something...i really apreciate you helping me.

Its called Quick boot.

its a function put in some BIOS's
Normally you see the POST of all the hardware. To save time and to stop the checking and testing everytime you boot up. You can enable the "quick boot" This kinda remembers what you have in your computer so it will skip over most of the post and load what you has eariler.

You find this most of the time on OEM style BIOS like HP, Compac and Dell.

You will have to enter the BIOS.. As soon as you computer turns on start tapping these keys..
ESC, F1 F5 F9 INS DEL

One of those should get you into the BIOS. then look for a setting called "Quick Boot" "Fast Boot" or even called Diagnosic boot or mode. Enable or disable it.

My Sony laptop does that. The first thing you see is the Sony logo in the middle of a black screen (looks really good, actually). Then Windows goes into its load screen.

rdcmmnst said:
I had a friend of mine install my windows xp before i really knew anything about computers. He also changed a couple of my settings so that when i turn on my computer it skips past the bios screen. Now i want to view it i have no idea how to get to it... any ideas?
It should.
Its ready to roll. ;)

Back
Top Bottom