BIOS ROM checksum error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpshoota

Solid State Member
i turned on my computer today and this is what it said...

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting Floppy drive A media:
Detecting ATAPI CD-ROM Drives:

Secondary Master: Lite on LTR 48246S
Secondary Slave: JLMS DVD ROM LTD

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

and thats it. I cant do anything. hitting the delete key while the system boots up does nothing. I cant get anywhere. HELP ME!!!!!!!!
WTF is going on!!! AHHHHHHHH. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bios checksum errors are caused by preset bios values not matching when booted.
This is a real pain because it can be caused by just about anything on/in the mobo that is out of wack.
The best thing to do is to go back to basics....remove everything that is not absolutely needed in your system. Use only one stick of ram, one drive, one graphics card and only the built in systems such as on board video/sound and such.
all the rest needs to be removed.
Now reboot and go into the bios and set everything to default levels and then save and exit. and see what happens. If it still does it, swap ram sticks...and reboot again...and if still says the same thing then remove every plug and clean it and then replace it. If it still does it I would look for a new board.

edit> if after all this and you still cannot get into bios there is no doubt that your mobo is fried. Your hdd does not even need to be installed for you to get into the bios<

There is one other thing that may help you. If you were in the bios and changing things as in overclocking and the likes it prior to this happening and you still can't get into the bios to reset it to default. Do this.
Unplug the PSU from the mobo and all hardware, Now remove the CMOS battery that is mounted on your mobo and wait about 10 minutes then plug them back in. While this normally only resets your clock and dates it will also reset your bios to default levels. This may allow your system to boot up as the error was a bios misadjustment and not a true failure.
That is about it.
Good Luck. and if this helped you please post back and let us all know that it worked.

No dice. But I found my own way to solve the problem. If anybody is having the same problem and wants to know just post a reply and ill explain what i did, otherwise i really dont feel like typin it all out.
~peace, and thanks to anyone who helped

Sharpshoota said:
No dice. But I found my own way to solve the problem. If anybody is having the same problem and wants to know just post a reply and ill explain what i did, otherwise i really dont feel like typin it all out.
~peace, and thanks to anyone who helped

You don't feel like typing it out? Unless they are having the same issues?
What kind of garbage is that?
You have issues and then beg for us to help you...Maybe our answers didn't fit your problems..But you fixed it yourself...yet you didn't even know what it was you were dealing with till we layed it out for you and then you come up with this garbage. I really hope you need someones help again... It damn sure will not be me!

whoa chill out buddy, im more than willing to help anyone that needs it. seeing as how the people who "layed it out for me" are the only ones reading this thread I didnt want to waste my time telling them stuff they probably already know. I mean you are so high and mighty and all, why divulge my feeble knowledge and exhaust your far superior brain power. Again if anybody would like my help just ask. Email me if you like (edit: I don't think so)
Again i appreciate everyones help. <<<edit: If you really did you would have been more polite and posted what you did to correct the problem. Instead you insult the helper and run off. Bogus dude...

p.s. lurkswithin is a really nice guy. I think he's just great.

I edited this line because what he really said is an insult. This thread has been saved for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom