Bios problem?

shadydawg

Baseband Member
Hey all,, I have a compaq presario sr1954nx pc.... I turned it on an got a error saying
award bootblock bios rom checksum error

I tried getting into the bios by pressing F1 but it's like the keyboard is dead at thiis point i can't press anything but if i do get lucky an the pc boots up the keyboard works.. iIs there anyway that i can fix this?

Have you tried using a different keyboard, You bios maybe set so that the keyboard will not work when the computer is booting up.

Have you tried using a different keyboard, You bios maybe set so that the keyboard will not work when the computer is booting up.

Yea i did same thing some times hitting the f1 works an i get to bios but keyboard is dead from there.. If the bios is set to that how can i acess it to change it

Boot your computer using your OS. I had the same problem, and all it took was for me to boot the PC on the current OS, and reinstall it, and it was fine after that

Last edited:
A BIOS checksum error almost always means that the batter on the motherboard is no good. Replace it and try again.

Back
Top Bottom