bios problem???

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hello, i got a ibm 2193-35u..and i removed battery and replaced the battery with a new one (Cmos)....the battery doesn't clip in place very tight...and when i start it up..it doesn't go pass the ibm screen..so i can't boot off anything where i can't get passed bios...i can't enter bios setup, could it be that the battery isn't making good connection?, thanks

is there no way of tightening the cmos battery?
do you have to hit the f12 button while it is booting, toget into the bios.
woz

should the bios still be working without battery....all it does it show ibm screen and the hard drive activity light is on., thanks

i was doing some searching,,, someone else had the same problem as me and he said he used a jumper to reset it....where is this jumper...and what do i do?... and its a IBM 2193-35u...if you want to see what parts are inside it, thanks

Make sure the BIOS battery is pushed in first before doing anything..

The BIOS battery should be flat.. not vertically placed.

the battery is in...although is not snug...the clips hold it in place a little...but what can i do to tighten battery? and i was told a papperclip or cardboard wouldn't that short circuit?...if not where would i put it..(sides..or by metal clips that connect to batttery), thanks and again, where is the jumper that resets cmos..and what does it look like?

Most boards are jumper free now, and CMOS can be reset by simply removing the CMOS battery.

I've never had a problem popping a new battery in though.. are you sure your putting it in right?

Perhaps, try flipping it around? Idk.

I don't know exactly where the jumper is.. but..

Remove the CMOS battery and the power cable and leave it out for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the CMOS will be reset.

did you not have a manual with the p.c?
that would show the position of the jumpers.
although removing and replacing the battery does the same thing.
woz

Back
Top Bottom