Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Big Steam Problems, MSN Problems ALOT

Steam.exe (main expectation): Win32 Structured expectation at 00E18*** : Attempt to read from virtual address 88 without appropriate access rights...that is the error im getting when i start steam, i cant start it up, after that it just closes..any suggestions..ive tryed deleting clientblob.dll and such, and ran unwise to see if any current changes have been made, i did a system restore about a few days ago, but steam was working fine about last night, ive also done a virus scan, adaware scan, etc. Any suggestions? this is really pissing me off, my life is gone without Counter Strike: Source

Also im getting error messages with programs that use Internet Bandwith, Steam, MSN, AIM, YAHOO, Even Guild wars.. i dont know WTF is going on..any suggestions? I cant even open up my firewall anymore! I really have done more than 20 virus/Ad-aware scans in the past 5 hours..

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: Big Steam Problems

i hate steam... do you have all rights on your computer? like an admin account, or are you using a restricted account?

-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

I gotta ask, how many processes you running on your task manager? Steam would give me errors like that when I was on my buddy's system, it was running wayyyyy too much junk. After klling like 20 un-needed .exes, steam ran perfectly fine.

Perhaps there is a program running that is conflicting with steam?
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Im on an administer account, Also i only have about 15 system processes running. but this is so fuckign wierd, my sister used my computer to check her email last night and its been so fucking screwed ever since (excuse the language) but i even get errors when i try to Run a System Restore, and even in safe mode im getting errors, its not just steam now, its the hole system, and i do not want to reinstall windows again, im probably gonna do a Deleted File recovery, maybe somehow some of my windows System files got erased, maybe a virus, i dont know. If that doesnt work, ill do a volume recovery to scan for errors in the partion. Well if you guys have any more info on how to fix any of this..please reply

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Uh.. Reinstall
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

I understand your rage, but you need to watch your language man. Try searching on yahoo for some steam forums. I'm sure someone has the same problem you do.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

It's in times like these... your going to just want to reinstall. I can just about promise you, that if you back up your files and just format now, your going to save yourself a lot of time and stress. Just do it man... thats the only sure fire way to fix anything that is messed up.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

I dont think he has a Windows Cd. Ill ask him at school tomorrow. But we will see. Maybe he will have to go to Linux, and WINE.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
AOD
In Runtime

Mmmm wine.. Might wanna do a hijackthis thing then post in virus section on this forum or just reformat should be able to bum a copy of windows of someone.