Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-20-2006, 07:11 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: a Big question...

As far as i know, some recovery discs arent bootable, cant comment on yours tho. Does it ask you at any point to press a key to boot from the CD?

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:12 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Ya could also try booting from a floppy startup disk, and then running setup on ya CD from there

Old 11-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
Ya could also try booting from a floppy startup disk, and then running setup on ya CD from there
I dont have a floppy drive however I do have 2 CD/DVD drives can i make a boot CD?

and how would i go about that?
Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjman87
I dont have a floppy drive however I do have 2 CD/DVD drives can i make a boot CD?

and how would i go about that?
bump
Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:47 AM   #15
Golden Master

Heres a link http://www.pcsupportadvisor.com/boot...20CD_page1.htm

Ya could also use Barts, this is what i use, takes a bit time setting up but once its done its a handy tool
http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
The Candyman

well if all else fails try this.... have the computer boot from the cd, at the options menu goto dos promt.

once there, type in fdisk , when it asks you if you want to use full capacity of the hhd put in y . then right after that it should go to the options to make a partition on the hhd, choose wich one you want.

after you make a partition it will ask you if you want to make it active. a partition must be set to active to boot an operating system. once that's done

exit out back to dos promt, then type format :C , it should then format it for you, and once that's done, exit out, and reboot, so that the win cd boots, then reinstall from the cd.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~
well if all else fails try this.... have the computer boot from the cd, at the options menu goto dos promt.

once there, type in fdisk , when it asks you if you want to use full capacity of the hhd put in y . then right after that it should go to the options to make a partition on the hhd, choose wich one you want.

after you make a partition it will ask you if you want to make it active. a partition must be set to active to boot an operating system. once that's done

exit out back to dos promt, then type format :C , it should then format it for you, and once that's done, exit out, and reboot, so that the win cd boots, then reinstall from the cd.
Have you even read his post? he clearly states that he is having problems booting from CD
Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #18
Solid State Member

OK, This is getting rediculous. Let me give you some advice that should make this process the least painful. CALL HP. Ask for a tech or someone that can help you start the recovery process. Get them to tell you how to boot from the cd. Some recovery discs need you to press a certain set of keys to initialize the recovery program. This should allow you to get started. If all else fails, Default to a NORMAL XP disk. As much as that's gonna suck, you may have to do it anyways. But CALL HP first.
Asmodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean
OK, This is getting rediculous. Let me give you some advice that should make this process the least painful. CALL HP. Ask for a tech or someone that can help you start the recovery process. Get them to tell you how to boot from the cd. Some recovery discs need you to press a certain set of keys to initialize the recovery program. This should allow you to get started. If all else fails, Default to a NORMAL XP disk. As much as that's gonna suck, you may have to do it anyways. But CALL HP first.
Whats ridiculous is you opening up a 2month old post