The big Question

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Should i sell my computer for a new one?
My computer right now has:

Asus p4c800 deluxe motherboard with 478 socket
Intel Pentium 2.4 GHz with hyper threading 512 l2 cache
Ati 9600 128 mg video card
Creative sound blaster audigy sound card
1 gig of ddr ram
80 gig hard drive
Samsung dvd/cd-r/cd-rw combo drive
Antec truepower 430 watt power supply
THe case is an antec full size.

Do you guys see a lot of room for improvement with whats available on the market for a computer (just the tower) around $1000-1200? Or should I wait for prices to drop and such? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't fully upgrade. In my opinion, you still have a rather nice computer, and I would stick with it. The only thing I would change is your graphics card. I believe that the 9600 is becoming a bit outdated, but I really don't know...

So, if I were you, I wouldn't upgrade. That's my take on it.

-Jamxx

i think u should keep it, maybe get a dvd burner if u care, and maybe, if u really wanna upgrade, ad 36.7 10k raptor. but right now, ur computer is fine as it is.

yeah, its not too bad. i like the ram of 1 gb. i only have 512 and i really need 1 gb cause i video edit. but yeah. btw, how long ago did u get that comp?

that comps great i don't see why you should sell it but get a new GPU if you play lotta games

That's still a killer system!
If I had the extra money to spend, I would: upgrade the CPU, get a second 10K RPM HDD, A DVD burner, I would probably leave the video card alone, but thats just because I don't play many games, or do much GPU intensive stuff......but that's just me.

A raptor isn that much different then a 7200. I have both speeds and its not that of an increase...dont waste the money.

Back
Top Bottom