Big problems ! Need Big Help !

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Ok ... well i haven't been on the internet for ages (haha only a day) but i am having problems with my connections and my dual boot operating system ...
Firstly, i have installed Fedora Core 4 on a FAT32 partition but now, it starts up first by default, i want to change all this, i need Windows XP to start up by default, which is installed on my only other partition, any way to do this ?
Second ... i can't seem to be able to connect to the internet using Fedora Core 4 ... i tried to put in the install disk for me modem driver but it won't read it, is it because the disk was designed for NTFS instead of FAT ?
Thanks in advance ...

Linux doesn't really support alot of devices having to do with drivers. I used my modem with Linux and it worked but it is Plug and Play. You can edit GRUB or LILO's code I think to change which loads up first.

Hmm well thats a big problem connecting to the internet ...
I'll take a look in me BIOS and check if there is anything there relating to which partition boots first ... but wouldn't it be the partition that is at the front of the drive which boots in the first place ? Or does the computer scan the whole disk and then asks which partition you want to select ?

Back
Top Bottom