BIG problemo

toole13

In Runtime
So I have two projects due on Friday - both require a word processed document. Problem is, MS Office 2007 refuses to save my documents. I downloaded AbiWord and that does the same thing. Here's what they do: I type my document, come to the point of saving, and I hit Ctrl-S or File-Save. The window pops up so that I can type in the file name and click Save. But instead of letting me type in a file name and saving, the computer freezes and the mouse pointer is the spinny wheel from Vista, which indicates "loading". I have to shut down Office. I thought it was purely an Office problem, so I reinstalled Office. That didn't work. I installed AbiWord Word Processing. That didn't work. I NEED TO TYPE FOR MY PROJECT!!! HELP ME!!!

You could use google docs: docs.google.com
It doesn't save to your computer but you can still print and save it to the space in your Gmail account.

You could use google docs: docs.google.com
It doesn't save to your computer but you can still print and save it to the space in your Gmail account.

Thank you sooo much, I think that is what I will use until I can figure out a long term solution. Thanks again.

create the document first, (right click in the right folder select new, document).

then when you save it it'll save the document to the file you created rather than bringing up the saveas dialogue box.

a quick and messy work around...

seriously though I think that there's a massive problem there, have you tried re-installing the office suite?

using open office is perhaps the best alternative, but I imagine that you already paid for MS office and just want it to work!

yeah ur right, i just want it to work
but it happens when i downloaded AbiWord as well, so maybe it's a Vista problem
isn't there a way to put in the Vista disk and have it "repair" Vista?

create the document first, (right click in the right folder select new, document).

then when you save it it'll save the document to the file you created rather than bringing up the saveas dialogue box.

a quick and messy work around...

seriously though I think that there's a massive problem there, have you tried re-installing the office suite?

using open office is perhaps the best alternative, but I imagine that you already paid for MS office and just want it to work!

well it worked, thanks a lot, but i still wanna find the REAL solution to this

Back
Top Bottom