Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-18-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default bIG Problem need help!!

I need some advice on fixing my troublesome computer at home it really has problems.. Firstly my old harddrive got damaged so i bought a new one then i installed linux on it but i got sick of it coz i couldunt get my internet connection working..

I got rid of linux then another problem occured... I tried to install windows but since my hard drive was blank it said i need a dos partition for windows to run on i created a primary dos partition with fdisk which i thougbn would work but it didnt i tried to install windows then it said it required a such and such mbs of space and it didnt work.

So then i tried a friends disk they lent me which partition the hard drive to 1.99 gb for windows 95 but everytime i try and boot up it says none system disk error.... so i formatted again and i am bak to square one somebody plz help i need my computer up and running as soon as possible as i need to start work on some websites and i cant if my computer is down,,,

Im currently using a college computer incase you are all wondering...

Plz reply with help

A.S.A.P

Thanx

Rob

localbandsforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:33 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: bIG Problem need help!!

You use Fdisk to format the whole drive . Then try putting the windows disk in and getting windows to format the harddrive.

GeforcebOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:01 AM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbandsforum
I need some advice on fixing my troublesome computer at home it really has problems.. Firstly my old harddrive got damaged so i bought a new one then i installed linux on it but i got sick of it coz i couldunt get my internet connection working..

I got rid of linux then another problem occured... I tried to install windows but since my hard drive was blank it said i need a dos partition for windows to run on i created a primary dos partition with fdisk which i thougbn would work but it didnt i tried to install windows then it said it required a such and such mbs of space and it didnt work.

So then i tried a friends disk they lent me which partition the hard drive to 1.99 gb for windows 95 but everytime i try and boot up it says none system disk error.... so i formatted again and i am bak to square one somebody plz help i need my computer up and running as soon as possible as i need to start work on some websites and i cant if my computer is down,,,

Plz reply with help

A.S.A.P

Thanx

Rob
Boy you've got a lot to learn and are proceeding much too fast with what you know.

I't obvious you don't beleive in reading instructions.
Take a long hard look at this.Take it to bed,think man.
Whats with this:
i need to start work on some websites.
I've been at this 15 years and can't do this.
Join us at home and get back to class,
Grumpy Gramps.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
Baseband Member

why did you even bother with w95?

its ok for OLD computers that would struggle with modern stuff but please try using something else.

all you need to do is use a boot floppy and use f/disk.........this will allow you to format the drive.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq

its ok for OLD computers that would struggle with modern stuff but please try using something else.

all you need to do is use a boot floppy and use f/disk.........this will allow you to format the drive.
oops
Old 05-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq

Yep exatly.
GeforcebOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #7
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbandsforum

Plz reply with help

A.S.A.P

Thanx

Rob
A.S.A.P. YOU said when will you be back ?
So do an A.S.A.P. with this.
You need a W95 "system Disk"what disk do you get this error with ???