Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-30-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Beta Member

Exclamation The big internet question!!

Hello everyone!
I wanted to reach out to you savy computer folks with a specific query.

What I am interested in is a software program or a combination of several programs that could conduct data mining to determine an individual’s footprint on the internet (i.e. registered with different sites, chat room affiliations, possible interests, hobbies, employment, handles, database registrations…) – this could be used to track and or locate someone.

Would something like this possible? How would I go about assembling this? As I would be looking at numerous individuals, I would like to use a reliable software program to optimize the search efficiency.

Essentially the only information that would be available for input in the search parameters would be the name of an individual/email address. Although I have used Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Metasearch to search for information… it seems to me that there is so much irrelevant info found or nothing at all. Is there a way to write a program that would combine the features of these search engines so that the searches would be compatible and not redundant? I know that search parameters have to be precise, but I would only have very limited personal identifiers available!

Thank you very much and best regards
Costa

costalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed13
Default Re: The big internet question!!

hmmmm
one thought comes to mind

Privacy!

why would anyone want to help you 'spy' on anyone?
not trying to offend or anything
but your idea has fallen on my deaf ears

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=disturbed13&mnOn=tru e&stat=1&imageNum=4&rankOn=false&projectsOn=false& special=false" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="125px" height="176px"></iframe>
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoe View Post
hmmmm
one thought comes to mind

Privacy!

why would anyone want to help you 'spy' on anyone?
not trying to offend or anything
but your idea has fallen on my deaf ears
Thats what I was thinking.
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

we arent aloud to help you make "SPYWARE"
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Solid State Member

Nevermind allowed. I doubt anyone here would even want to help you.
mgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Give this guy a chance. Maybe he's looking for his long lost love or something. Or, just trying to kill someone.Hmm....
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by costalo View Post
Hello everyone!
I wanted to reach out to you savy computer folks with a specific query.

What I am interested in is a software program or a combination of several programs that could conduct data mining to determine an individual’s footprint on the internet (i.e. registered with different sites, chat room affiliations, possible interests, hobbies, employment, handles, database registrations…) – this could be used to track and or locate someone.

Would something like this possible? How would I go about assembling this? As I would be looking at numerous individuals, I would like to use a reliable software program to optimize the search efficiency.

Essentially the only information that would be available for input in the search parameters would be the name of an individual/email address. Although I have used Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Metasearch to search for information… it seems to me that there is so much irrelevant info found or nothing at all. Is there a way to write a program that would combine the features of these search engines so that the searches would be compatible and not redundant? I know that search parameters have to be precise, but I would only have very limited personal identifiers available!

Thank you very much and best regards
Costa
Such search engines do exist and they are called "people search engines". However they are nowhere as smart as a person. Google is still the most often used tool for attempting find out information legally about a person.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote