Big difference??

dmb51599

In Runtime
As of right now I have 512mb of ram installed. I have the rest coming tomorrow that will give me 2gb of DDR400 total. Will I notice a big doffeence between the 512 and 2gb? I know it seems like a stupid question but I was just curious.

BIG!!!

Like night and day dude.

At 2gb ram, windows turns off the page file. Or virutually memory. And VM is ram on the hard drive. And thats slow. So yes, 2gb would be insane!

You'd notice a big difference between 512MB and 1GB.. between 512MB and 2GB, you'll definitally notice a difference when your running games and multitasking.

u should see a huge difference. Maybe not so much when just browsing around the internet (though u should see some difference there too) but when gaming the difference should be huge.

Normal useage, would be like.. open faster internet browsers, and apps. But in games, it helps the video card load textures and helps the hard drive load maps.

GREAT!! The board/ memory combo I have either works on 512 (single stick) or 2gb. One or the other. I had a gig before but needed another gig to get it to all work. Sounds like it should be sweet with 2gb!!!

dmb51599 said:
GREAT!! The board/ memory combo I have either works on 512 (single stick) or 2gb. One or the other. I had a gig before but needed another gig to get it to all work. Sounds like it should be sweet with 2gb!!!
Yeah, you'll definitally enjoy it.. ;)

is 2.5 a really low latency for RAM?? Also, what is a good temp for my AMD 3700+ to ide at?? Is 40 deg C a good temp? Thanks!

2.5 is quite good. The normal ones are usually 3.0 and the high quality ones are 2.0.

And I'd say that 40C is quite high for and idle temp.

Back
Top Bottom