BFG, XFX , Gigabyte , Galaxy , Leadtek or ASUS?

You guys scare me. The XFX is about $140 cheaper and its faster, what i have been reading th reviews were good.

BFG specs:
Processor: GeForce 7800 GT

Interface Slot: PCI Express

Memory: 256MB GDDR3

Core Clock: 425MHz (vs. 400MHz standard)

Memory Clock: 1050MHz (vs.1000MHz standard)

RAMDAC: Dual 400MHz

Connectors: Dual DVI-I, HDTV, VIVO (video in / video out)

Texels/sec: 850 million.

Memory bandwidth: 33.6GB/second

Maximum 2D Resolution at 32-bit color: 2048x1536

Maximum 3D Resolution at 32-bit color: 2048x1536

XFX specs:
Clock rate
450MHz (Factory Overclock)

Memory Clock
1.05GHz (Factory Overclock)

Chipset
GeForce 7800 GT

Memory
256MB

Memory Type
DDR3

Memory Bus
256-bit

Highlighted Features
HDTV ready , SLI ready , DVI Out , Factory overclocked to core 450 MHz [vs 400 MHz standard] and 1.050 GHz memory [vs standard 1.00GHz]

and i don't "Doubt" i want to be more sure and XFX is my option.

pardon about double post, Do you guys know when a new nVidia card is coming out so i can get my hands on a 7800GTX cheaper :D

Whats a "Quarter"? and did the 7800GS make a diffrence to performance and does it make the 7800 GT & GTX cheaper?

Business use quarters to split up their year. 1st quarter is the first 3 months of the year (Jan, Feb., Mar.). 2nd quarter is Apr, May, June. 3rd quarter is Jul, Aug, Sept. 4th and final quarter is Oct, Nov, Dec.

I'm thinking the 7800GS may help to drive prices down because it gives us more options to buy video cards. A much more wider variety. Since Nvidia will be making a profit off of the 7800GS, I'm sure they won't mind a slight price drop on their other lines of video cards to get more people to buy them instead.

No, I've heard that XFX has had many problems too. Their 6600GT was absolutely terrible. Very poor cooling, and artifacts when it hit 65 Celsius (according to a review I read). Their 7800GT is supposed to be fine, though, I just don't like the color scheme.

TRDCorolla said:
I'm thinking the 7800GS may help to drive prices down because it gives us more options to buy video cards. A much more wider variety. Since Nvidia will be making a profit off of the 7800GS, I'm sure they won't mind a slight price drop on their other lines of video cards to get more people to buy them instead.

But they've also announced that the 7800GS will be exclusively AGP based only. That doesn't make sense to me.

And where are you guys hearing that XFX makes bad cards? My 6600GT works awesome. I run full settings on all newer games like BF2, Call of Duty 2 and HL2 without any artifacting problems. Im not sure where you've been getting your information.

Back
Top Bottom