BFG 6800 running hot?

BIGBLUE1212

Baseband Member
I have a new BFG 6800 oc....its not overclocked and everything seems to be working great. I downloaded the new nvidia drivers and i noticed a sudden increase in the temperature where it tells you in the driver settings.....it went from 50 degrees at idle to 60 degrees at idle.......i think either temperature is too hot......what could be the problem?....or is that normal?

Weird... I wouldn't think installing new drivers would affect the temperature... this would mean it's working the card harder, and when idle...it isn't really

60 degrees is about as hot as a temp of a CPU when being worked hard, so doesn't seem normal for a graphics card to be that hot idle... though the graphics card is the same type of thing as a CPU nowadays. Check the fan speed if you can...

Plus you have to remember BFG cards ae already overclocked, so are being pushed harder than the standard card anyways, and this would increase the temperatures a bit. I don't also see how the drivers would affect the bios of the card which is probably what BFG changes to make it run faster, but maybe it has something to do with the drivers... any ideas ppl?

*KaGe*

if you just installed the latest drivers the temp shouldnt stay there, i restarted my comp a couple times and the temps stabalized back down to 51-52c at idle, even if yours dont stableize 60c is not hot, its load temps that you want to worry about.. try looking for a program called "rthdribl" it will tell you your true load temps because it works your gfx card like crazy..

hey idling my gpu is at 60-62C and under load with rthdribl, it hits 71C at times.....i think thats too hot but i dont get it....its not even overclocked and the temps suddenly just jumped up....im using nTune to view my temps. But i still dont understand how im running so hot.

Hmmm...that's strange. I never had that problem with my 6800. Try calling BFG's 24/7 Toll-Free Customer Service (that's right bitches! :D).

I have a Gigabyte 6600 GT, and my temperatures are about 60 when idle and it has hit 78 when under a load... I wouldn't worry too much about those temperatures. From what I've heard, the new NVIDIA GPU's can run really hot. When you need to start worrying (for my card inparticular, the company told me this) is when the temperature hits 100 Celcius... So don't worry...

60 degrees is perfectly fine for a 6800 GT its not the best but it certainly isnt something to worry about.

I had my old 6800 get as hot as 135 Celcius. Without it being damaged. Granted it ran really slow but it still worked.

The 6800 GPU runs much hotter than a CPU and has twice the amount of temp threshold.

Back
Top Bottom