Bf2 Is Pissin Me Off!!!

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, just got bf2 runnin great on my custom, kinda...

when i play single player the game is absolutely smooth as silk, 70+fps on all high settings, but when i go online i get 60+fps (which is fine) but it hiccups like no other! my pings are like 30 which are very good, but it hiccups and simply that is not playable in game, i could play 20fps better with no hiccups than this... any ideas???? i just did a clean install so its not that, i also just did a completely clean install of windows and only have what i need to play bf2, i have installed every windows update to the minute, and am currently installing the 1.41 patch which i dont think will help...

but anyway, if anything comes to mind that i can try please let me know, pc specs are in my sig (the custom) ill have 1.5gb of pc3200 ram in a couple days fyi, thanks guys!!

kyle

By hiccups, you mean lag? If so, then it could well be the server's poor ping and ISP.

@compan, thats what i was thinkin, i reduced the draw distance to 80 and that helped a bit, but ya, i think memory will help, or at least i hope...

@lhuser, yea thats what i thought, but my pings to the server were awesome, lower than usual actually, and it is the same on every server... hopefully ram will help like compman said...

If it does it for every server, then you might need more memory. I remembered I had problems going in a game due to video settings. I had to lower them, because BF2 sucked my RAM. I have 1GB.

It's probably the RAM that you need or that you have the highest coincidence of having all lagging up servers.

@lhuser, ya im hopin it was ram, but later last night i just made the search for all small maps and joined any of those and it ran fine, so im guessing that means its the ram? since with 768 it cant load in the big maps, but that will change in a couple days :)

@wood, ya i have everything closed, like i said i just reinstalled windows and bf2 installed updates and thats literally all thats on that computer right now, lol, just what i need to play the game...

thanks for the help and reassurance guys :p
kyle

Back
Top Bottom