beware of ebuyer

Hi Woz, I recently placed two orders on their website, and well I agree with you for some extent. My first order was for my XFX 7800GTX with which I put a two day garuntee delivery which cost me an extra £5. It arrived on time, at 11.300am on the day I asked it to arrive and so I was extremely happy. So with that order completed, I bought my Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLi motherboard and again paid the extra £5 for it to arrive in two days time. I ordered it on the wednesday, and I paid for it to arrive on the friday of that week. Along comes friday, not sign of it, then saturday, again no sign. Got to monday and I decided to phone them, and was put onhold for 15 mins, and then cut off! So I eNoted them, and they got back to me on the tuesday and said that there was a mix up at the warehouse, and that I am getting a refund for the extra delivery. It came on the friday of that week, so I waited a week for the motherboard when it should have come in the same week :( Very disspointed and their customer service is very poor at the moment.

But like you said, it's probably because they are changing warehouses :)

well i started ringing today at 11.0 am and have just been cut off again for the last time today as they close shop at 5 pm. that was six soild hours, and im still at the same place i was this morning, no items, no response, no hope.
woz

enote sent 3 days ago and again today!
ordered 1x asus mobo
1x 80 gb hdd
1x dvd rw
1x keyboar
1x mouse
1x set of speakers
1x 15" monitor (flat)
2x 512 mb pc3200
1x geforce graphics card
1x usb cable
1x printer (lexmark all in one)

i think that is about it.
£550 in total.

check out the call times to their call centre as advertised! they lie through their teeth!!!
look bellow.

how to contact us
Telephone support: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (excluding bank holidays)

Longest wait yesterday: 22 minutes 03 secs Average wait yesterday: 9 minutes 29 secs
Longest wait today: 13 minutes 1 secs Average wait today: 6 minutes 29 secs

statistics as at 10:00am 8th September 2005

To contact customer support please call 0845 146 1720
calls charged at local rate and may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eNote support: We currently have a 7 day turn around in answering your eNotes. eNotes allows you to raise queries and track their progress

eNotes allows you to raise queries and track their progress

woz

the link you posted seem to have many people saying that whjilst the cal centre does seem very understaffed, once they do actually get through to someone they are very polite, very helpful and have most (if not all) problems sorted out withint minutes...

I've also found that Ebuyer are very good in terms of delivering hat you order, Most companies mess up every now and agani, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad.

I understand that you are annoyed because your order has been messed up...

You say fnid a site with positive reviews... well it just doesn't work like that, people are very quick to complain and launch complaint sites, but hardly anybody launches praise sites.

eBuyer are very good, and I will order from then again, but I have to say that their customer support phone line could be improved vastly.

Woz, ignore the 7 day turn around for eNotes, it said that when I sent them one and they got back to me within 24 hours.

Root My Good Friend,
It Is Not A Case Of They Might Have Stuffed Up, It Is A Case Of They Have Stuffed Up. The Only Person You Can Get A Phone Call To Is A Security Guard On The Gate! He Will Tell You That They Are Moving Premessis, Hence The Cock Ups! Well That Aint Just Good Enough!
They Are A Buissness That Depends On Keeping Its Costomers Happy. If They Can't Arrange Their Move From One Site To Another Without Enfuriating The Masses, They Should Not Have Moved! And To Advertise Their Help Line Wait As About Ten Minutes, Well That Is Blatant Lies.
I Use Micro Direct And Ebuyer Quite Often, And Find Their Customer Service Just About Sufficient. They Are Slightly Dearer Than Ebuyer Hence I Did Not Use Them This Time. But Come On Lets Face It, If Anyone Has To Wait Three Days Anywhere To Get Through To Your Supplier Then It Aint Good.
Woz

I used to be satisfied with service from Ebuyer in the past, but must admit that they have gone downhill lately.

Maybe change of management or too much business? I have had some nasty experiences more than once that causes me great embarassment with my customers.

If you order something from them and the price go up, they lock your money and give you some silly reason for a long delay.

I paid for an item and they locked it so I could not cancel while claiming to be waiting for clearance of my card for more than a week, their excuse, then suddenly the price of the item went up. They do not give a phone number, only a stupid form of e-mail which they take two weeks to answer, altogether it took me three frustrating weeks to get my money back.
I will never use them again.

guyos

You Fill Me With Dread Guyos.
They Are Heading For A Fall, And Ineed My Items/or Money Before They Do!
My Account Is Locked So I Can't Even Cancell The Order.
Woz

Back
Top Bottom