better graphix card

pipsavage

Solid State Member
Hi all , im thinking of gettin a new Pc and im not sure what card to get with it. Ive always had a good time with the Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT- 128mb, but the card you get with the package is the Nvidia 7300-upto 512mb. what card is better and why.

Thx pip

The 6600GT is better than the 7300. When it says "up to," that means it uses hyper memory. I think it has something like 128MB onboard, but after that it drains your computer's main RAM to give it to the graphics card. You really want to avoid the whole process. Also, the 6600GT has more pixel processors with a higher core clock speed, and a 128-bit memory interface with a higher memory clock speed. The lower-end 7300s (i.e. the 7300GS and LE) have a 64-bit memory interface with a low clock speed, plus just DDR2 as opposed to the 6600GT's GDDR3. There would be no reason to stick with the 7300 if you have the 6600GT already, assuming the 6600GT is compatible.

If you can upgrade, a 7600GT would be a great budget choice. If you've got a little more to blow, a 7900GS or a Radeon X1950PRO will do nicely.

Ok , i hear what your sayin, Ill stay away from the 7300 then, Im lukin at 7900gs and I need to no how much better it is that the 6600 gt, Im lukin on the net but all these numbers goin round from diffent cards can be confusing with no definate way to say its either better or worse.

pipsavage said:
Ok , i hear what your sayin, Ill stay away from the 7300 then, Im lukin at 7900gs and I need to no how much better it is that the 6600 gt, Im lukin on the net but all these numbers goin round from diffent cards can be confusing with no definate way to say its either better or worse.

the 7900GS is a lot better than the 6600GT. But I'd invest just a little more and go for the 7900GT.

Ok , I have dawn of war , it work fine on my computer , Although it gets abit bogged down when there are alot of unit on the screen, I was told that that would'nt happen with my specs.

I have ...

3.0 ghz
1 gb ram 400mhz
nvidia 6600gt

what specs would u suggest if you was going to buy a new system from scratch for it to be a games machine without it costing to much.

I get the same thing too when I play AOE3. I don't think no matter how good your video card is, it will bog down when you get tons of units on there (especially when they're fighting). I have a 7800GT too which is why I'm saying that. I wonder if other peope encounter this too?

Back
Top Bottom