for better game performance...

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
which should I upgrade first:

1gig ram-> 1.5 gigs (later to be 2 gigs) -I now have DDR400 but I'd be getting DDR266 if that makes a huge difference. I might also be able to get another 1 gig stick of DDR400 if my request goes through....

7300GT-> 8600GT

if you are wondering where I am getting this, pm me..... its not newegg.....

get the vid card.
And what ever you do don't get ddr266. If you can't afford ddr400 then wait untill you can.

Hm, I think the video card will make a bigger difference for you.

And regarding the ram, I'd try to get the 1 gig stick of DDR400. If you mix up different RAM, you're only gonna run as fast as the slowest stick in the system.

from recent findings im seeing hat DDR RAM is ludacrisly expensive,

my advice would be to upgrade your mobo and but 2Gb DDR2 RAM and in the u.k certainly on ebuyer it would work out about the same price,

unless you can get DDR RAM at a reasonable price in which case my post makes no sense

umm... I'm not spending money on it. Its a thing where you get points for gaming, and then you can buy stuff with the points... pm me for a link.

as far as DDR2, I"d need a new processor, mobo, and then the ram, which I'd like, but then again I don't have money to spend on this, so that wouldn't work well. and 1 gig of DDR would only run me $30, so I might as well just buy it. The video card would run me $100 but then again if I bought it, I'd probably just go with a used 7950 or whatnot... and I've got about 1/4 of the points for the video card... so I'll just save points and get the video card.

Back
Top Bottom