which is the better deal?

xxclaro

Solid State Member
So I'm still debating the buy vs build, and have my build pretty much planned out, thanks to the help of some fine members here. However, having software and an operating system as well as warrenty is still something to consider. So, if I ws to buy, which of these would you recommend? Of the Dells, the quad core is really the only one I'd consider, so it's between that one and the Acer. Let me see if I can post them up here:
Inspiron 530

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor Q8300 (4MB, 2.50GHz, 1333FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit
Dell 20" HD Widescreen Flat Panel Display (S2009W)
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 4DIMMs
500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
16X DVD+/-RW Drive
1 Yr Limited Warranty with 1 Yr NBD Onsite Service and 1 Yr Tech Support
Congratulations! You have qualified for $155 savings with your online purchase.
closer look

Starting From $1,054

You Save $155

Now $8991

From $25/ Mo.2

Financing DetailsFAQ
Email me the latest Dell deals!

Add to Cart

or this one

Acer Desktop Computer featuring AMD Phenom X4 Quad-Core 9500 (AM5201-E5710A)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Availability
In Stock: Usually ships next business day.

Quantity Remaining: 3

Check Store Stock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Offers
HP Printer for $29.99 - See how

Speakers & Surge protector for $24.99: See How

Geek Squad setup from $99: See how
Our Price: $579.99

Protect your product with a service plan.

It's free to get into the rewards. Join Today. OVERVIEW SPECIFICATIONS ACCESSORIES CUSTOMER REVIEWS COMPARE Customer Reviews &
Ratings :

Overall Rating: 3.79 (28 Ratings) Write a Review | Rate this product

Product Features

A super-fast AMD Phenom X4 Quad-Core 9500 processor and 4GB of system memory deliver incredible power and speed for superior desktop PC performance.

The 640GB hard drive gives you more than enough space to store your digital photos, videos, music and more.

Watch DVD movies and back up data to disc using the integrated Super Multi DVD drive.

Experience the incredible power of integrated ATi Radeon HD 3200 graphics.

Quickly transfer audio and video files, as well as photos from your peripheral devices using the 8 USB and 2 FireWire ports, or the 14-in-1 memory card reader.

This model features Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Edition.

The Q8300 is a fairly good performer for its cost. I would still, absolutely, suggest build over buy. Cheaper, plus it gives you a learning-experience. AND they perform better 9 times out of 10. And you can overclock :p

If I build, how do you go about getting an operating system and software? Is it expensive to buy Windows Vista or whatever you guys use? You know, I don'teven know what "overclocking"means? Ya, I'm that ingnorant,lol. Also, is a Phenom 2 955 a quad core? I kinda need a quad, because everyone I've talkedto who has tried to run the HD video off the particular camera I'll be using has had skipping unless thay had a quad.
If you go to the thread"Help, I know nothing" I've asked guys there about parts and got some really good info. I took apart an old Compaq computer I had sitting around tonight, and I gotta say, I have little confidence in my ability to put this thing together without having it go up in a puff of smoke!

the 955 is a 3.2 ghz quad with an unlocked multiplier.
Overclocking is making the CPU's clock speed increase, usually by a set percentage for beginners.
There are lots of guides online, and we will help you build it. It is really a lot easier than you think.
Do you have a graphics preference? ATI is definitely mine, and it works best with an AMD CPU.

You're killing me here, Foothead. Intel is the way to go :) A little more expensive but you get what you pay for. The Q6700 is nice and so is the Q9300.

AMD is a much better value when it comes to gaming.
As far as other things, it is at least up to par with intel as far as cost vs. functionality.
The 955 has unlocked multiplier so OC is a breeze. Plus the DDR3 is just plain awesome.
I know I probably am a little biased, but that is for a good reason. I have never had a good experience with intel.

What do you think is wrong with AMD?!

The fact that I've never had a good AMD experience either, plus Intel does pull out ahead in *MOST* benchmarks and actual games tests. I won't say that Intel's high end processors are "budget fighters" but if you want more performance, you spend more money.

Back
Top Bottom