CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz
RAM - 8GB Kingston DDR3 Memory
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3V Motherboard
Same GPU
Same PSU
Case
Same HDD
The new build would cost around £503

Is the intel build much better at all? Or would it be worth just performing the upgrade to save £110?

How would both systems perform in modern gaming?

Thanks for the help!

If your on a budget go for the AMD builds or if you have the cash then go Intel but go with the haswell CPUs but you'll have to change your motherboard.

Of the three choices, I would pick the FX-6300 based one mostly because it is not on an EOL platform.

Budget decides as we all know, but in case there is flexibility and the system is first for gaming, I nominate the i5 build.

With games, Intel fares better. It might not be noticeable with high-end video cards, but with the GTX 660, things could get out of hands. Specially that it is not the Ti variation. You also mentioned modern games, and they are demanding.

If you're an AMD person, get the AMD build and a better video card. The price difference will help a lot for this.

That 550watt PSU should be enough for the new build btw provided the +12v rail has enough amperage and with appropriate cabling. The HDD can be added to the new system as well.

Back
Top Bottom