Which is better?

gabel1

Baseband Member
Is it better to use the components that are onboard on a MOBO, such as sound card, LAN, etc., or is it better to buy these seperately even thought the MOBO has everything onboard?

I'd say get everything separate, apart from the NIC possibly.

Onboard video is almost always complete rubbish, onboard sound can seem OK but can actually cut your performance by up to 20% in some cases.

If you're into any modern games, get a separate video card definitely. Also grab a separate sound card if you're a hardcore gamer, but I manage fine with the onboard.

Like I say, you'll probably find the onboard LAN controller is fine. But if the LAN connector breaks, it's attached to your motherboard, so part of your board is broken. You might want to get a separate PCI NIC just for peace of mind, but I wouldn't say it makes any great world-changing difference.

Summary: Get a separate video card, and you're fine :D

welll getting them separetely is definitly better, but its going to cost u more. depending on ur budget, u can decide what best fits ur needs. if u have good speakers than i would suggest a good sound card. but if u say ur not an extreme gamer, then i would still suggest a seperate video card, because it can make movies and pics look a lot better =D

Back
Top Bottom